May 22, 2007
Yoga Tips for Ladies: The Mountain Pose
The Mountain Pose is used as a warm-up for breathing and getting your body into alignment. It is also a transition pose
1. Stand with the feet together and relaxing your toes. Balancing on all four points of your feet. Use you thighs to lift the knees, but do not push the knees
2. Keep your hips square by tucking your tailbone towards the floor. You should feel your spine lengthening as if someone is lifting you by the top of your head.
3. Open up your chest by pulling your shoulders back and away from your neck. Keep your body relaxed and in alignment.
4. Rotate your arms out with the palms facing the thighs.
5. Your head, neck, and spine should be in alignment.
Your jaw line should be parallel to the floor. Keeping your core engaged and breathing deep breaths through your nose. Continue for about a minute before transitioning into your next pose.
This yoga tip brought to you by the Dallas Personal trainers from Lady Trainers To Go.
Posted by Dallas Personal Trainer at May 22, 2007 12:00 PM