May 26, 2007
Yoga Tips For Ladies: The Plow Posture
The Plow Posture stretches out the lower back and hamstrings.
1. Lie flat on the back in relaxation pose
2. Inhale through the nose. Still on your back bring your knees up toward the
stomach while exhaling.
3. Inhale, then while exhaling, raise the legs straight up towards the
sky. You may want to support your hips with your hands to modified or you can
leave the arms flat on the floor, whichever is most comfortable.
4. Exhale and continue to raise the legs over the head, bending at the
waist, lifting the back and gluets until the toes touch the floor
directly in back of the head. If the lower back is supported by the hands try
returning the arms flat to the floor with the palms facing down.
5. Keep the legs straight. Breathing through the nose hold the
pose for about 4 breathing cycles.
6. Reverse the steps to return to relaxation pose.
This yoga tip brought to you by the Dallas Personal trainers from Lady Trainers To Go.
Posted by Dallas Personal Trainer at May 26, 2007 4:00 PM